What is Bremen’s Emergency Number?

Dial 911 if you have an emergency.

What are the town office hours?

The Bremen Town Office is now open the following hours.  The Office is open Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m, and Thursdays from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on the first and third Thursdays of the month. All other Thursdays the office is open from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.  We are closed Mondays and Holidays.

What licenses can I purchase at the town office?

Come to the Town Office to register to vote, register your vehicles, get a hunting or fishing license, register your boat, apply for a marriage license or register your dog.

Where do I get a mooring permit?

If you want to get a mooring permit, come to the Town Office for an application.  The Harbor Committee approves and issues all permits.  Bremen residents are charged $20 per mooring, non-residents pay $100.

What is the zip code?

The zip code for Bremen, ME is 04551.

What about building permits?

If you want to build a residence in Bremen, contact the Town Office for applications and information.  Some of our ordinances are available on this web site. Information can be supplied by our Code Enforcement Officer.  The Planning Board, which approves permits in the Shoreland Zone and Commercial and Industrial applications, meets the second Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. and can answer questions.  You may be able to get your questions answered on this website after reading the Ordinances.

Who is the Code Enforcement Officer?

He can be reached through the Town Office by email at Bremen@Tidewater.net.

What school system is Bremen part of?

Bremen is in the AOS 93 school system.

Who do I call about school enrollment?

If you have school age children, please call the school district at 563-3044 concerning enrollment.

Is there school bus service in Bremen?

School bus service is available in Bremen.

What about taxes?

Tax bills were mailed out in late July, early August.  Half are due on October 18 and half on April 18.  Any questions should be addressed to the Town Clerk.

What about voting?

Permanent residents of Bremen can enroll to vote at the Town Office.

I want to get married!

Marriage licenses are issued at the Town Office if one of the couple is a resident of Bremen or if both people are from out of state.  A marriage license costs $40 and a certified copy of the completed license costs $15.  There is no waiting period after filling out the intentions to marry.  More information can be obtained from the Town Office.

What about public access to waterways?

You can find information on this website about public access to our waterways.

Where can I find out more information about Town ordinances?

You can find our most used Ordinances on this web site.

Where can I find out about Bremen?

Bremen has a Comprehensive Plan that can be reviewed at the Town Office and is also on this web site.

What about local events?

We are supplying a calendar of local events on this website.  A full list of Committees and Boards can be obtained at the Town Office.

How can I help?  Where can I volunteer?

Firemen and First Responders are needed.  The clubs of the Town of Bremen are always looking for volunteers and are happy to have the participation of anyone who is interested. Please check with the Town Office and refer to the website for a list of clubs and organizations that need members.